Tuesday, July 01, 2008

At The Gym

As a part of my "making myself better" project, I recently got a gym membership and I've been going on a regular basis. Okay, for the last two weeks, but hang with me for the next few bits.

Anyways, I'm in the gym locker room, having exercised tonight, and I'm listening to the conversation across the other side of the row. And, it's scary scary to hear...grown men, talking about Obama in the same manner that girls talking about their first crush on a boy band. Oh, and how BushCheney is the root of all evil in the political system and he should be impeached immediately. Yes, I know it's Oakland, but still.

Just to be clear...

I'm supporting John McCain. I view that an Obama presidency would make us fond for the days of Jimmy Carter (yes, and I'm serious-Obama has all the wrong vibes to me, from people that he supports as a part of his friends, various issues that have come up that make me wonder what he believes, and there just seems to be nothing there...). The same Presidency that gave us the term "stagflation" and gas lines. Obama would nominate Supreme Court nominees that-if Congress does not change much-would be a court so far to the left that it would pretty much be outright socalist/communist.

And, this is not a time for somebody to be learning on the job how to handle foreign affairs. The next three to five years will see changes on the scale of the mid-1930s and if it is handled wrong, we could easily be seeing World War III. It would probably be in the Middle East, and it will be messy...

I mean, you hear the howls of outrage when the eight "yutes" that were caught dealing crack and were shielded by San Francisco's sanctuary law escape...but they view it as how we are Abusing Our Brown Brothers and If We Would All Sing Kumbaya...

It's like the inmates are running the loony bin. And they've gone off of their Haldol...

Worse, I keep seeing a definite "two Americas" starting to show up-the rich and the poor that they protect to assuage their consciences, and the rest of us.

I'm getting really pissed off by this. And annoyed. And frustrated. And angry...

There has to be a change. And Obama is not it.

No comments: