Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Doing the Meposian Dance Of Joy

Welll, I'm back to full-time blogging.

The mointor arrived this morning via FedEx, and I got it all hooked up and installed. It's scary....it's my first LCD screen (I've been burning through the old tube for about 5 or so years) and it is just strange to have so much space (the monitor is a "19 inch", but it's gotta be longer diagonally...). And, to have everything so wide across the screen in a good way, it feels great.

Haven't played any games on it yet, but when I do, it will be facinating.

Slowly upgrading my way through the 21st century, one piece of hardware at a time.

UPDATE: Just played F.E.A.R. and Dawn of War on the new monitor, and it's wide and bright, and so very facinating. There's details that I'm seeing that I never saw before...and it makes me want to upgrade my computer.

The question becomes-do I try to find one of the last boards that support AGP and a newer and faster processor (I have an GeForce7600 GS AGP), or do I wait, save more money, and get a new mobo and processor, memory, and the multiple-connection PCI-E video cards? A dilemma...

No comments: