Thursday, December 21, 2006

Things I Want In 2007

I want some things in 2007, things to make the world a better place-
  • A car that can change it's own flat tires.
  • A mead that I make that isn't useable only as rocket fuel.
  • Damn it, something that allows me to sweep the car ahead with lasers, so I can destroy anything that would do in my tires.
  • A cable service that lets me get the channels I want, and not have to morgage out my kidneys.
  • A good sci-fi RPG.
  • A good mecha and/or harem anime series that doesn't suck.
  • That the last Harry Potter book ends the series right (i.e. with enough satisfaction to make enough people happy).
  • Damn good beer.
More as it crosses my mind...

7 comments:

ザイツェヴ said...

You are way too strict in your approach to the harem, it seems.

zakueins said...

Yes, a good belt works wonders...

Will said...

Have you played Xenogears? It ought to fit the bill for a good sci-fi RPG, even if it is about 8 years old.

It's basically an interactive sci-fi anime.

zakueins said...

Yep, played through Xenogears, and trying to work my way through the PS2 Xenosaga trilogy, one game at a time...

Will said...

How far are you through the three? There is a dramatic difference in style between the three games, and they have a very rocky history.

It's been frustrating watching Tetsuya Takahashi try time and again to get this story of his made, and every time he gets started, he seems to go detail crazy. That throws off the economics and schedule, and pretty soon he's having to watch parts of the game get slashed or shunted off to later episodes, where they get slashed as well. That said, the third game is the most outstanding of the three. The pace and play are both right where they need to be.

zakueins said...

I'm dragging (with an emphasis on dragging) myself through Xenosaga 2. The game demands quite a bit of time, even with hint guides.

Will said...

The second is by far the most disappointing. They swung the character designs too far to the realistic end of the spectrum when compared to the first installment. The third falls right in between the two, and looks damn good doing it.

If you're trying to complete the Samaritan campaign, then I wish you the best of luck. I never finished it myself. But there is a nice little dungeon and some super bosses available after the main plot. I never went after them all.

I was so aggrivated by the elimination of shops in the second game, and after all the complaints they received, they still didn't include a movie viewer. Episode 3 finally got a viewer and it's so good, once you beat the game, you can basically rewatch the game from the beginning without all the battles and travel in between.