Saturday, January 06, 2007

Things That I'm Looking Forward To Reading...

With the New Year coming up, I have a lot of books that I'm looking foward to reading, and enjoying. This doesn't count my reading of politics/current events (I consider that "work" to provide blog material) , and is mostly science-fiction/fantasy. I read voraciously-I can usually polish off a hardcover book in two weeks. This means that I tend to go through a lot of books fast, and I need more books to feed my reading habit. (Women, a perfume that smells of old books is always a turn-on for me...)

The books coming up are...
  • 1634:The Baltic War by Eric Flint and David Weber-This is going to be fun. One of the best Alternate History timelines ever written, the 1632-verse has been one that is fast, well-paced, well-written, and has a wide variety of voices in it. It will be a GOOD time to see this book, esp. since a lot of the side plots are being dealt with in other books.

    And, why Henry Leffords is so infamous in his breakout efforts...
  • Off Armageddon Reef by David Weber-I think this is going to be one of David Weber's big, successful, New York Times Best Seller books (lemme see, he's got at least two series that count for this...maybe three...). The concept is high and sounds well-done, and some of the bits I've read in other places is very "silly serious". It'll be good to read.
  • Command Decison by Elizabeth Moon-A caviat...I think Elizabeth Moon has a tendencey of too much soap opera in her books. Bad soap opera. But, it's hard to put down this series...
  • Yellow Eyes by John Ringo and Thomas Kratman-Lemme see, why wouldn't I like this? Two of my favorite authors (you must read Watch on the Rhine, and read it with an open mind...and understand that some people will do whatever is needed when the devil drives). And, it's set in the Posleenverse-which has a lot of stories to tell. The eARC on Webscriptions is great...and I just want to read this book. Openly. In San Francisco.
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.R. Rowling-I want to see this series end...the story will be worth reading. Rowling has created a deep and well-made universe, and she has earned every dollar that she has gotten. The last book will be a good read that I can use.
More stuff will be coming out...and when I find it, I'll let you all know.

No comments: